Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Disneyland Food Review: Hungry Bear & Pooh's Corner

 
I know I mentioned this before but I LOVE DISNEYLAND! It is truly a magical, unique place where you can be silly and just have fun.  Seriously guys, what is there to not love about it?!
 
The hubby and I love it so much in fact that we ended up buying annual passes this trip.  Now don't think we are going to be going all the time! We just realized it would be cheaper for us to buy annual passes if we would be going to Disneyland again in the next year (Which we are.  December here we come! Woot woot! ) You also get discounts at restaurants which really adds up at Disneyland!
 
This first review will be based on our experience with Hungry Bear and Pooh's Corner.
 
The Hungry Bear restaurant is located in Critter Country overlooking the Rivers of America.  It has a rustic, wooden appearance and is very quaint, charming and "down home" feeling. 
 
This is a quick service restaurant so you order your food at the front registers and then take your receipt to the back counter to turn it in and collect your grub!
 
 
 

Here is a pic of the main dish I picked out.  It was called Big Al's Chicken Salad.  I actually had gotten this a couple times before on a previous trip and was surprised that I didn't like it as much as the first time.  I don't know if it was my taste buds or the salad but it definitely tasted different.  All in all it was very good though.  Moist chicken, candied pecans, watermelon and a honey-lime vinaigrette all complement each other and I would say it's a good option if you're looking for something a little more "fresh" to eat.



Here's my Papa at Hungry Bear!



Here's my Mom being...Mom. Such a silly lady.



My hubby picked out the Pioneer Chili Cheeseburger.  I was a bit doubtful on his choice at first but turned out it was very good by my husband's standards! At the table it did look pretty awesome.  I would definitely try this one on a future trip.  It has chili, cheese, chuck burger and an onion ring on it.  The onion rings on the side were also crunchy and tasty as well.


My parent's split a salad and a Turkey and Provolone Sandwich.  I didn't have a bite but it looked like....a turkey and provolone sandwich.  Nothing unique but I'm sure just fine.  The sweet potato fries are also pretty good here as well.


And now to the best part! I picked out a couple desserts to try.  This little pie was amazing! It is a Strawberry Custard pie and man oh man was it good!.  It was the perfect combo of great crust, flavorful filling and fruitiness! Highly recommend.


But if you were to only get ONE dessert at Hungry Bear I would get the Lemon "Bumblebee" Cupcake.  I had been waiting forever to try this! I had read many reviews about how cute and tasty it was and those people did not lie! It was every bit as good as I excpected.  The cake was super moist, the frosting was perfectly whipped and flavored and the lemon custard type center just made it off the chain amazing.  Truly a life changing experience. 


 
A cross section view.



After Hungry Bear you can cruise on over to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride.  This is one of my Hubby's and mine favorites! It is such a simple ride but the cuteness factor is outstanding.  And how cute are my parent's on the ride? Precious.


After you finished The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh you can pick up a treat from Pooh's Corner.  This is by far one of our favorite shops to explore and purchase treats in.  It is on the smaller side and tucked in the very back of Critter Country but  this just makes it feel more quaint! Here is a pic of a gal making some chocolate pretzel rods.


On our trip Ken got a dark chocolate covered pineapple spear and some Mickey Mouse lollipops.  I had a bite of that pineapple and STILL talk about how good it was! The pineapple was super juicy and the chocolate just put it over the top.  Highly recommended treat. 


 
I ended up getting the Mickey Mouse turtle which was really good as well.  Chewy, full of carmel and covered in chocolate.  Need I say more?

To sum up, Critter Country is my favorite land in all of Disneyland.  It is full of trees, bridges, streams and great food and treats.  If you ever go to Disneyland explore all these special places!

No comments:

Post a Comment