Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

BBQ Asian Chicken & Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice

 
 
Hello friends! Long time no blog!
 
I am so happy to be back and sharing with you! I have MILLIONS of recipes and tales to tell.  Okay, maybe not MILLIONS but sure close to it.
 
Life has been BUSY.  Work, work, work and Disneyland! Yeah ya heard me! We went to Disneyland a month ago and it was one of the best trips I have ever taken.
 
I am planning a few installments for that blog post as it will consist of fun stories from the trip and best of all food reviews and tips! Have I mentioned that I kind of love Disneyland?
 
Back to the task at hand though.
 
Yesterday I cooked one of the best meals! It was BBQ Asian Chicken and Coconut Rice.  The chicken was SLAMMED with flavor yo! It was beyond delicious. 
 
The rice was such a nice addition to the chicken.  It is regular old white rice but then ya jazz it up with coconut milk, sugar and many other good things and it becomes amazing rice! Super rice! Super hero magical rice! Okay, one too many? I will desist.
 
If you like Asian or tropical food then this meal is for you.  I have one condition though.  You must serve it with freshly cut pineapple.  I'm not talkin' from the jar here folks.  I am talking straight from the source.  If you don't have pineapple with this meal I GUARANTEE you will not love it as much as if you had it.
 
Happy cooking!
 
 
 


BBQ Asian Chicken:

Recipe slightly adapted from Our Best Bites

1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. soy sauce
4 T. lime juice
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. curry powder
6-8 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
2 tsp. grated, fresh ginger (so amazing smelling!)
5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Put chicken in zip-lock bag.  Whisk together all ingredients and pour all over chicken, reserving a little bit to brush on the chicken later when grilling.  Put bag of chicken on plate to prevent leakage.  Refrigerate overnight.  When ready to cook preheat grill.  Spray with cooking spray and place chicken on.  Cook 5-10 minutes on each side depending on thickness.  During last few minutes brush on reserved marinade.  Garnish with green onions.





Sweet and Savory Coconut Rice:

Recipe from Our Best Bites

2 c. white or jasmine rice
14-ounce can coconut milk (located in Asian food section)
2 c. water
1 tsp. kosher salt
Splash of white vinegar
2-3 tsp. granulated sugar
chopped green onions
salt and pepper to taste

When I make this rice I combine everything except green onions and salt and pepper in my rice cooker, cook till done and then garnish with the green onions and salt and pepper to taste.  If you don't have a rice cooker just toss in everything except the green onions and salt and pepper and bring to boil.  Then turn heat to low and cover for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.  Garnish with green onions and salt and pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment