Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Disneyland Food Review : Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar

 
If you want to experience the BEST Disney dining experience of your life then you need to go to Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar.  My husband and I don't drink but you don't have to drink to have a great time at this place!
 
It's hard to put into words even what this place is all about.  It is a tiki bar but is also like a ride.
 
This bar is located by the pool for the Disneyland Hotel.  You first step into the dimly lit bar and as your eyes adjust to your surroundings you are in complete awe over the ambiance Disney has created for you.
 
There are fake "windows" where a volcano complete with moving waves and a beach make you feel like you really have been transported to a tropical island.  And if somebody orders the right drink than the volcano erupts!
 
There is unique and clever decor covering the walls.  The tiki statues at either end of the bar have moving eyes.  And there is also a tiny ship in a bottle behind the bar that looks real as it is fighting against huge ocean waves.  Be careful to not get wet though (did I mention that this place also spits water at you when this ship is doing it's little show?).
 
Not only is your atmosphere amazing but the food is amazing too!
 
I apologize for the pictures if they are fuzzy but it was dim in the bar so I did the best I could! I hope you enjoy the pictures and that one day you can experience Trader Sam's for yourself!
 
 
 

Cute tropical decor.


Sitting down and relaxing.


Me with the bar in the background.  The tiki statues I was talking about are the ones on either end. 


Here is the beautiful "window" with the volcano and moving waves.  It was so amazing!!!


Oh no she's getting angry!!!


There she blows!


A coconut raspberry smoothie (non-alcoholic of course).  It was by far the best smoothie I have ever had in my entire life.  Not even joking.


Taking a little sipper-roo.


We ordered the Pu Pu Platter.  This was no joke.  It had tamarind-glazed island pork wings, sweet and spicy Asian wings, panko-crusted Chinese long beans, green papaya slaw and Sriracha aioli. Word.  Absolutely stellar.


For my main dish I got the Angus 1/3 lb. Hawaiian Cheeseburger with sweet potato fries.  This little gem was only $10.69 (that's a really good price for Disney!) and was beyond yummy.  It had teriyaki sauce, Havarti cheese, bacon, lettuce and tomato.  I can't wait to have this again.


Ken likes sushi and seafood so he decided to try the Ahi Poke with Wonton Chips.  He said it was very good but small. 


Ken enjoying the food and ambiance.


Here is the tiki statue I told you about where the eyes move.  I wish I had gotten a video of it! So cool!


And I just had to take a picture of this.  As we were walking back to the parks Ken noticed this speed limit sign and it made us laugh.  14 mph? Really Anaheim? What happens if you go 15 mph?

No comments:

Post a Comment