Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies


I felt like baking tonight.  I have always baked and tried new things but tonight all I had on hand was chocolate chip cookie ingredients.  So I went online and found this recipe from All Recipes.  So delicious! They are extra large, soft and chewy.  Ya gotta try 'em. They will become your new favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.



Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. white sugar
1 T. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 c. chocolate chips
walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Put parchment paper on cookie sheets.  Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.  In a mixer cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar.  Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk.  Mix until light and creamy.  Mix in dry ingredients.  Stir in chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips because they are the BEST but you could use any kind of chocolate).  You could also add some walnuts.  Yum! I didn't add walnuts this time but next time I would.  Drop cookie dough on cookie sheets by measuring out 1/4 c. portions.  Only place 4 cookies on a sheet.  Bake 15 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment