Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Like I said in the last post, I am trying to lose weight.  And I have been able to find sooo many great recipes from Skinny Taste to help me with it.  I found this recipe on there.  SO GOOD! I love buffalo wings, it is one of my guilty pleasures.  This is just as good and sooo much better for you.  Low in calories and fat and it is crunchy, hot and creamy.  How much better can you get?

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
24 oz chicken
1/2 onion
1 large stalk of celery
1 clove garlic
1 16 oz can chicken broth
1/2 c. Frank's Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1 head of iceberg lettuce
shredded carrots
celery
light ranch

Put chicken, onion (I used more like 3/4 of an onion), celery, garlic (I used the kind from a can) and chicken broth (I only used a 14 oz can) in crock pot.  Cook on high for 4 hours.  Take chicken out of crock pot.  Reserve 1/2 c. of broth and discard the rest.  Put chicken back in crock pot and add hot sauce.  Cook on high for another 1/2 hour.  Wash and separate lettuce into little cups. Cut celery into little matchstick size pieces.  Assemble your buffalo chicken lettuce wraps! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment