Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dining In Utah: Kneaders Peach Tart


I love food.  Have you noticed yet? One of my favorite things to do is to go out to eat.  So I am starting a new series called "Dining In Utah".  We may not have the fanciest restaurants in the world but we have some GOOD places to eat! 

One of my all time favorite places is called Kneaders Bakery and Cafe.  They sell soup, salads, sandwiches, an amazing breakfast, pastries, etc.  Just a fun place to go and eat! 

They are a chain with locations in Utah (where I live), Idaho, Oregon, Arizona and Colorado.  Click here to learn more about them.  Looks like they are going to be featuring some of their recipes soon which is sooo exciting! What can I say, I'm easily amused.

Any who, I went to Kneader's today and got a peach tart because I thought it just looked so pretty!

After eating it I realized that all in all it was good.  Not great, but good.  Usually with Kneaders I go bananas over every thing but this was just not as good as some of their other pastry and dessert items.

The crust almost tasted like a shortbread cookie.  It had a nice crunch and sweetness to it.  The filling was very creamy which was nice with the crunch and sweetness of the crust.  The whipped cream had a sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg and I really, really liked that! I wish there had been more on it.  Definitely going to remember that next time I make whipped cream for something.  One of the disappointments was the peaches.  They were kind of crunchy.  I guess because of the glazed look they had I thought that they would be more like peach pie filling type peaches but they weren't.  Don't get me wrong, they were just fine but I would have liked soft, really sweet and cinnamon-y (pardon the invention of my own language) peaches instead.  

I would definitely recommend this tart! Even though I felt like it could have been better it was very good! Delicious!

Happy Eating!

1 comment:

  1. I just had this last night. What is the main filling? It was good, not too sweet, but I don't even know what it was!

    ReplyDelete