Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 2: The Couch-to-5K & Disney Running Events


rundisney.jpg

If you know me at all you know I love ANYTHING Disney.  Disney movies, Disneyland, Disneyland Dole Whips, Disneyland Churros....you get the point.  I am on a 9 week journey to running a 5K and one thing I also really want to do some day is a Disneyland 5K.  They have them once in a while and I want to go and be as happy as this lady! Okay, so there probably won't be cartoon characters holding up my finish line at the end but there are lots of fun things they do during their running events! They always have a fun theme, cute medals, snacks, characters, etc.  It sounds like a par-tay to me!  If you want to see the dates of their different events just click here.  

On that note I just finished my second week of The Couch-to-5K program and I am sore! Which is a good thing right? I have a couple rest days and then resume training Tuesday of next week.  I think Monday I am going to do some sort of exercise though. Maybe yoga.  Can I just say how much I like my Yoga dvd.  Even though it is BEYOND cheesy I still enjoy it.  They say things such as, "the light in me salutes the light in you" which is something I would normally mock but it's oddly calming and relaxing.  As Jacques from "Finding Nemo" would say, "I am ashamed." 

Any who, back to the topic at hand.  I am excited to be doing this program! I really like it.  I like that there is structure to it. It's nice to have set "rest" days too.  Instead of feeling like I need to be exercising 6 days per week and then feeling disappointed in myself because I don't do it.  If you want to participate in The Couch-to-5K program you can go here to read about it.  

I will post next weekend after my Week 3 is done.  Wish me luck on my running this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment