Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Couch-to-5K

I have a desk job.  I sit 8 hours a day. I used to be a runner.  And then I wasn't.  Time went on and exercising wasn't happening.  I then started to exercise a lot more then I had been and then I decided I wanted to do a 5K.  Now I know that a 5K isn't a big deal for a lot of people but for someone who has had a desk job and sits a lot, it is.

I thought it would be fun to chronicle my progress and journey.  The website I am using for a program is called The Couch-to-5K.  You can go here to view it.  I am on Week 2.  I would eventually like to do a 10K and a Half Marathon but I figure you have to walk before you run, literally.

I forgot how much I LOVE running.  It is like therapy.  A way to work out any frustrations or just think about things.  My goal for this week is to push myself but not to the point where I feel totally burnt out.

I will be chronicling my journey throughout the 9 weeks.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment