Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mixed Berry Smoothie




In my recent posts I have been talking about my journey on the program Couch-to-5K.  One of the things I have been doing to be healthier is making smoothies! It's really hard for me to eat enough fruit to get the daily requirement.  Let's be honest, it almost never happens.  So a great way for me to get a lot of fruits in is to make smoothies! I got a big bag of frozen mixed berries from Wal-Mart, good vanilla yogurt (please don't use store brand, yuck!), ice, and good orange juice.  The recipe that follows is really just suggestions.  I don't measure.  Taste as you go and see if you want to add more of something.  I'm going to be experimenting with smoothie ingredients in the future so be looking for more posts! 


2 c. frozen mixed berries
1/3-1/2 c. ice
1/3-1/2 c. vanilla yogurt
1/3-1/2 c. orange juice.

Blend together and enjoy!




I kinda loved it.




No comments:

Post a Comment