Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Disneyland Food Review : Cafe Orleans

 
Cafe Orleans is one of our FAVORITE places to eat in Disneyland.
 
It is located just across the Rivers of America close to Pirates of the Caribbean in New Orleans Square.
 
They offer everything from French Onion Soup and Pommes Frites to Monte Cristo Sandwiches and Mickey Shaped Beignets.
 
It is delicious, priced reasonably (for Disneyland) and has great service.
 
 

Ken just excited to be able to hold the menu!


Some lovely New Orleans Square Christmas decorations.


Our "starter" is ALWAYS the Pommes Frites.  I literally cannot explain how much we love these things and the sauce it comes with.  The frites are drenched in Parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley and served with a Cajun dipping sauce.  HEAVEN ON EARTH.  We easily polish off the basket between the two of us.  I think one basket per two people is a good ratio when it comes to these addicting things!  So divine.

They are priced at about $5.49 per basket.  Unfortunately, no free refills here.


On this trip Ken opted for the Monte Cristo Sandwich.  It is a deep fried sandwich with turkey, ham and swiss cheese served with a berry dipping sauce.  I find this sandwich to be disgusting.  Ken finds it to be DELICIOUS and loves it.  Now I know there is a cult following of this sandwich and that I am committing blasphemy by speaking against it, but I'm just not a fan!  Ken gets this every time and loves it though. 

It is about $17.99.


Now THIS is what I'm talking about! I have never gotten anything else at Cafe Orleans except for this Mardi Gras Chicken Sandwich and I probably will never try anything else.  This is Disney Park food at it's finest.

It is a multi grain roll with blackened chicken and spicy avocado relish.  I like to have the relish served on the side because I find it can be a bit overpowering for my taste if the whole bunch of it is on the sandwich.  The chicken is incredibly flavorful and moist.  It comes with sweet potato fries but I instead got fresh fruit on the side because we always get the Pommes Frites to start out with.  I would definitely recommend this as I find it to be too many fries if I have both the Pommes Frites AND sweet potato fries.  The fruit tastes great to balance out the spicy avocado relish as well.

It is priced at about $17.99.

Overall I give this restaurant a 9/10 and Ken gives it an 8/10.

We love the New Orleans atmosphere, view and the great food.  It is so nice after being on your feet for hours going shopping and riding attractions to just relax at a nice sit down restaurant.

Hope you enjoyed this review and that you may find it helpful on your next Disneyland trip!

My next trip installment of our January 2014 Disneyland trip will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment