Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lincoln City, OR Family Trip: Part 2

The morning of the second day Ken thought it would be fun to go pick sea shells on the beach at 6 AM.
 
Needless to say, the thought of waking up that early on vacation was not very appealing.
 
But we did it.
 
And I'm so glad we did!
 
We didn't score a lot of good sea shells, but being on the beach as the sun was rising was very peaceful.
 
Moral of the story? If you get the chance to go to the beach, suck it up and wake up early to explore.  You won't regret it.  Trust me.
 
 
 

Beautiful.


There was an island out in the ocean.  How cool is that!


The hubby.


I LOVE this picture.  The pockets of water in the hill laden sand were so cool to look at.  I also love the clouds in the water showing through.


This picture is one of my favorites.  I guess I'm a sucker for reflections because the clouds are sooo neat in the water!


This pocket of water was so deep! Over night, the ocean created this huge "lake" of sorts when the tide had come in.  You could have seriously swam in it.


Another view of the "lake".


Little bird feet in the sand.  Adorable.


Birds at the beach.  I also really loved the style of houses there.  All of them were beach-y looking and unique.


The waves and Ken.


My shadow and the waves.


I grew up in California and miss the fog.  Seeing it at the beach made me feel at home now that I live in Utah and we have fog once every 4 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment