Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Coffee Cake


Have I mentioned that I love breakfast? Well I do! This is my Mom's Coffee Cake recipe from when she was a little girl in her 4-H class.  I doubled the crumb topping in the recipe because I love it! I also love that this recipe is super cheap.  You could even double the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan and feed a crowd for literally pennies.



And a closer pic.


Coffee Cake:
1 egg
3/4 c. milk
2 c. Bisquick
1/3 c. white sugar

Topping:
3 T. butter
1/2 c. white sugar
2 T. flour
2 t. cinnamon
chopped walnuts (optional, I made mine with no walnuts)

Beat egg and milk.  Add Bisquick and sugar and mix until combined.  Pour batter into a 8x8 pan that's been greased with cooking spray.  For topping mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon and walnuts.  Drizzle butter over top and mix (the original recipe said to drizzle the butter over the cake and then mix the dry ingredients and walnuts together and sprinkle on top of cake but I accidentally did it this way and I liked it a lot!).  Crumble over top of cake.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.



Cut a big slice for yourself, pour a large glass of milk and relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment