Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Scones


All I have to say about this recipe is WOW. These are the best scones ever! These are a breeze to make and you would have to try really hard to mess these up. I got the recipe from the website Our Best Bites.

1/3 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 c. flour
3 T. sugar
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 egg, beaten
4-6 T. milk

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Put a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut in butter with pastry blender until it resembles fine crumbs.

Combine egg and 4 T milk. Slowly pour milk mixture into dry mixture while mixing with a fork to combine. If you need the additional 2 T. milk add it now (I used the full 6 T. milk).

Once dough is combined transfer to cookie sheet and spread dough out fairly thick into a circle. Sprinkle liberally with sugar. Cut into 6 slices (next time I think I would do 8 slices because they were a bit doughy) and arrange on cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.

I served mine with raspberry jam but really any kind of jam, butter, etc would be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment